viernes, 5 de febrero de 2016

Terapia de los sentidos: José Ricketts ART THERAPIE



Jose Ricketts was born in 1950 in Arequipa, Peru, into “a family populated already by various origins, English, French, Spanish, and Moor.” His first exhibition was held in 1979 at the Petroleos del Peru Art Gallery in Lima, Peru. Various international exhibitions followed in the United States, Ecuador, Bolivia, Guatemala, France, Italy, Belgium and Switzerland.

José Ricketts en #CasaMaza
He participated in the Venice Biennale in 1986 and in the Foire Internationale d’Art Contemporain de Paris in 1988. Mr. Ricketts is a long-time resident of Paris returning often to his Peruvian roots in the beloved colonial city of Arequipa and the coastal town of Mejia. 

I will continue to listen to my muses who narrate stories and give me images to my works. I am a humble receptor of the whims of those genies who inhabit my existence. True to myself, I have followed my path, with a first exhibition in 1970 and my most recent one in Paris in 2008.” 

Mr. Ricketts was one of the Spotlight Artists in the inaugural “Beyond the Border International Contemporary Art Fair 2009”, San Diego, California, (now known as ART San Diego Contemporary Art Fair). (Ver)



No hay comentarios: