German chemical and pharmaceutical group Bayer AG Monday said it has appointed Olivier Brandicourt as Chairman of Bayer HealthCare and as a member of Bayer's executive board. (Ver)
- -His appointment takes effect Nov. 1, 2013.
- -To date, Wolfgang Plischke has led Bayer HealthCare on an interim basis, in addition to his existing duties as a member of Bayer's executive board.
- -"With Olivier Brandicourt we have found a strong leader with outstanding international experience and a successful track record in the healthcare industry," said Bayer Group Chief Executive Officer Marijn Dekkers said.
- -Mr. Brandicourt has 25 years of international experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including executive responsibilities in France, the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- -He has been an executive leadership team member at Pfizer Inc., New York for the last three years.